Big tractor features meet easy to use performance in the new John Deere 2 Series Compact Utility Tractors. The 2025R tractor has a 18 kW (24.2 hp) Yanmar diesel engine. Enjoy standard four wheel drive (4WD), cruise control, folding ROPS, drive-over mower decks and Quik-Park™ loaders. Plus, iMatch™ and AutoHitch™ compatibility means implement swapping in seconds.
Durable, efficient, high-torque 3-cylinder diesel engine provides adequate power
Power is provided by a durable and efficient high-torque three-cylinder Yanmar® TNV Series diesel engine.
Gross engine power
Power take-off (PTO) power
18 kW (24.2 hp)
12.8 kW (17.2 hp)
Yanmar TNV Series engine offers these features:
- Economical for good cooling and long life
- Isolated engine provides reduced vibration and noise for the operator;
- Timing-gear teeth have a designed roll-off profile giving almost no clash, no noise, and no backlash
- High-torque reserve provides plenty of power under heavy load, yet retains excellent fuel economy
- Fuel filter with replaceable element
- Full-pressure lubrication system provides filtered oil under pressure to all vital engine parts
- Glow plugs provide quick starts in temperatures down to -18°C (0°F)
- Auto-bleed fuel system
- See-through coolant recovery tank permits operator to check coolant level without removing radiator cap
- Dry-type air cleaner with safety element keeps dirt and other contaminants out of the engine
- Horizontal exhaust discharges fumes away from the operator station, reducing noise and improving operator visibility and comfort
Yanmar is a trademark of Yanmar Company Limited.
Easy-to-use hydrostatic transmission (HST) increases efficiency
The 2R Series are equipped with a two-range hydrostatic transmission (HST) incorporated in a die-cast aluminum transmission case. Fluid under pressure transmits engine power to the drive wheels via a closed-loop pump and motor arrangement. Infinite ground speeds allow the operator to match the speed of the tractor to the job.
- No clutching for fast and easy direction changes
- Twin Touch™ foot pedals for quick and easy forward/reverse operation
- Transmission oil cooler cools transmission oil for longer transmission life
Safety features of the HST include:
- The tractor will only start with the range lever in neutral
- If the range lever is in gear when the key is turned to the start position, the instrument panel instructs the operator to shift to neutral
- The engine will shut off if the operator leaves the seat and the forward/reverse pedals are depressed
Transmission has two speeds – hi and lo range. All tasks can be performed using two ranges on the 2025R which means less shifting throughout the day
Durability features include:
- Large forged one-piece trunnion shaft with larger support bearings that reduce vibration and noise
- Innovative transaxle combines an HST, gear reduction axle, and clutch
- Pressure side filtration allows the use of a fine-mesh filter
- One pump to supply charge pressure and implement A flow divider splits the flow to various circuits throughout the tractor.
- The transaxle has an oil cooler which provides improved hydraulic cooling performance
Fast and easy implement changeover offers versatility
- Front Quik-Tatch™ hitch makes changing front implements quick and easy
- All front implements (blades, brooms, and snow blowers) use a common hitch
- AutoConnect™ Mid-Mount Mower Deck, 120R Loader, and 260B Backhoe can be taken on or off within 5 minutes, and no tools are required
- Changing rear implements is a snap with the iMatch™ Quick-Hitch, which has three fixed points to back in and pick up a rear implement that is iMatch compatible
Implement compounding improves efficiency
- Loader, mid-mower, and a variety of rear hitch implements can be attached to the tractor at the same time
- Optional premium independent mid lift system operates independent of the rear 3-point hitch. This gives the operator the flexibility to leave the mid mower attached when completing other tasks.
Superb serviceability improves productivity
Regular service and maintenance are essential to the performance, productivity, and longevity of the tractor.There’s easy access to the engine for servicing.
Daily service checks, such as checking the engine oil or water separator, can be done without opening the hood or removing the tractor side panels.
Tractors are equipped with a mechanical air filter restriction indicator that alerts the operator when the air filter needs to be cleaned or changed.
NOTE: Always refer to the operator’s manual for complete maintenance and service recommendations.