Attractive styling provides improved visibility and serviceability
The bold styling of the tractor provides an attractive and functional appearance similar to that of the larger agricultural tractors.
An updated fixed grill and side panel hood design allows for optimum sealing of the cooling compartment, and the integrated maintenance position on front grill allows easy battery access. There are wraparound-style halogen headlights and bold graphics allowing for easy tractor family identification.
The aggressively sloped hood design gives a softer, smoother look, and provides improved visibility.
Powerful Yanmar® diesel engine delivers plenty of power under heavy loads
The Yanmar 3-cylinder, TNV series diesel engine features a high torque reserve that provides plenty of power under heavy loads.
The common rail system (CRS) optimizes fuel economy and reduces operating costs*. High pressure injection atomizes fuel into finer particles which burn more completely. It results in improved fuel economy and lower cost of operation.
The electronic control unit (ECU) provides optimum fuel control and accuracy. ECU monitors and controls the engine. It continuously monitors engine conditions and adjusts the fuel delivery accordingly to ensure optimum performance and emissions.
Maximize productivity with an eHydro™ transmission
The 3R Series Tractor is available with an exclusive three-range electronic hydrostatic (eHydro) transmission. The electronic hydrostatic transmission is ideally suited for jobs where productivity is a must, such as loader or mower applications.
Key features of the eHydro transmission are:
- Infinite ground speeds, even at full throttle, allow the operator to match the speed of the tractor to the job
- No clutching for fast and easy direction changes
- Twin Touch foot pedals for quick and easy forward/reverse operation
- Cruise control is base equipment
- Cruise-control switch is located on the right-hand console for easy access
- Cruise control is electronically engaged and disengaged and allows for more precise setting of speed
PowrReverser™ transmission allows for clutchless direction changes
The PowrReverser transmission, available on 3033R and 3039R Tractors, offers a hydraulically-shifted forward-to-reverse transmission. This allows for clutchless shuttle shifting between forward and reverse with one lever for quick and easy direction change.
- The PowrReverser transmission does not require the operator to use the clutch to shift between forward and reverse
The 12Fx12R PowrReverser transmission’s hydraulically-actuated wet clutch takes the place of the dry-type traction clutch. Two multi-disk clutch packs (one forward and one reverse) are hydraulically actuated when the directional (reverser) lever is placed in either the forward or reverse position
Each clutch pack consists of three large, 13-cm (5-in.) diameter clutch disks that are oil-cooled, allowing excellent heat dissipation and extended clutch life.
NOTE: 3R Tractors with PowrReverser are not compatible with mid power take-off (PTO). They are not compatible from the factory or field installed.
Operator station is comfortable and convenient
Conveniently placed pedals, as well as repositioned operator controls, provide for a clean and flat platform design, giving the operator plenty of legroom.
The hood and fenders are made from composite polymer material designed to eliminate the possibility of rusting and resistance to dents. The tractor is fitted with an easy-fold rollover protective structure (ROPS), with built-in, rattle-reducing isolator.
Key features of the operator’s station include:
- Large grab handles on each fender make getting on and off the tractor easy
- Tilt steering wheel design in base equipment. The tilt wheel:
- Easy-fold ROPS include a built-in isolator for rattle free operation
Optional premium ComfortGard™ cab provides superior comfort and performance
John Deere ComfortGard cab tractors are some of the most comfortable, quiet, and easy-to-use cab tractors available anywhere. This premium solution was developed using extensive customer research and validation tools, and some of the most advanced design techniques available.
Whether doing loader work, front implement work (such as snow removal), mowing, tilling, rotary cutting, or light hay work, the cab tractors have the versatility and muscle to get the job done, all while protecting the operator from the elements.
Operators are sure to appreciate what this cab has to offer — beginning with an isolated cab. These cabs are designed with robust mounting points integrated into the rollover protective structure (ROPS) with a unique offset mounting design that provides an ultra-quiet ride.
The four-post ROPS design, carefully laid-out interior, and fuel tank located under the left rear side of the operator’s platform provide a full 360 degrees of visibility.
Built-in safety features for operator peace of mind
Safety is designed into all 3R Series Tractors.
- Operator presence system ensures the operator is in the seat to operate the tractor
- Rollover protective structure (ROPS) is designed for operation safety
- Reflective ROPS strips for better tractor visibility
- Key switch interlock prevents bypass starting
- Visual power take-off (PTO) warning light alerts operator when either mid or rear PTO is running
- Reverse implement option (RIO) for safe mid-PTO operation
- Placing the transmission in neutral and setting the park brake allows operator to run rear PTO safely when off the tractor seat
- Turn signal and flashing warning lights operate according to ASAE S279.10 standard
- Taillights for road transport
- Slow moving vehicle (SMV) sign for road transport
Excellent serviceability reduces operational costs and improves productivity
Regular service and maintenance are essential to the performance, productivity, and longevity of the tractor. Easy access to most regular service points minimises service time.
Tractors are equipped with extensive onboard self-diagnostic capabilities and are fully compatible with the John Deere-exclusive Service ADVISOR™ system. Most service interval requirements can be performed with a basic understanding of procedures and common tools.
All items in the daily service schedule can be performed without the use of tools:
- Engine oil, hydraulic oil, coolant level, and the water separator can be conveniently accessed.
- The engine can be easily accessed by simply raising the hood for more periodic maintenance checks
- A single-point latch mechanism and self-contained leash ensure easy hood opening and closure.
NOTE: Always refer to the operator’s manual for complete maintenance and service recommendations.