4-Series tractor features and benefits
Powerful Yanmar® diesel engine delivers plenty of power under heavy loads
This 4-cylinder engine features lower levels of exhaust emissions and reduced noise levels.
The engine uses the latest technologies to optimise fuel economy, improve control and accuracy, and reduce environmental impact.
Key features of the engine are:
- Cast-in-block cylinder design for good cooling and long life
- Engine oil cooler, cools engine oil for longer engine life
- Key start and shutoff eliminates fuel shutoff knob.
Yanmar is a trademark of Yanmar Company Limited.
Operator station is comfortable and convenient
The operator’s station is designed for easy entry and exit from the tractor.
Conveniently placed brake pedals, as well as repositioned operator controls, provide for a clean and flat platform design, giving the operator plenty of legroom.
Key features of the operator’s station include:
- Large grab handles on each fender to make getting on and off the tractor easy
- Centre console and fender toolboxes that provide ample storage
- Fender-mounted forward work lights (two lights)
- Improved tilt steering wheel design is in base equipment
- 12-V outlet is standard on the 4R Tractors and provides power for mobile devices
- Integrated junction block provides switched and unswitched power to add additional accessories.
Maximise productivity with an eHydro™ transmission
The tractor is available with a three-range electronic hydrostatic (eHydro) transmission.
The electronic hydrostatic transmission is ideally suited for jobs where productivity is a must, such as loader or mower applications.
Twin Touch™ foot controls allow the operator to select both directions of travel and speed with a touch of the toe.
Key features of the eHydro transmission:
- Infinitely variable ground speeds, in each range, allow the operator to match the speed of the tractor to the job.
- No clutching for fast and easy direction changes
- Twin Touch foot pedals for quick and easy forward/reverse operation
- Cruise control is standard equipment.
Attractive styling provides improved visibility and serviceability
The bold styling of the 4M and 4R Tractors provide an attractive and functional appearance similar to that of the larger agricultural tractors. Benefits of this styling include:
- Easy tractor family identification
- Easily removable cowl, allowing for serviceability access
- Wraparound-style halogen headlights
- Hybrid exhaust in base on cab tractors for clear operator visibility and safety
The result gives the tractor a distinctive appearance and feel.
Built-in safety features for operator peace of mind
Safety is designed into all 4M and 4R Series Tractors.
- Operator presence system ensures the operator is in the seat to run the tractor
- The rollover protective structure (ROPS) is designed for operation safety
- Reflective ROPS strips for better tractor visibility
- Taillights for road transport
- Slow moving vehicle (SMV) sign for road transport
Save fuel, reduce noise, and increase engine life with the economy power take-off (PTO)
The optional field-installed 540/540 economy power take-off (PTO) allows operators to select the engine rpm needed for their PTO application. The economy position provides 540 rpm to the PTO at approximately 70 percent of the engine’s normal rated speed. The engine runs at a rated speed of approximately 1750 rpm in the 540 economy position. The 540 economy is ideal for any PTO application, from running a mower to a baler or a cutter, where full horsepower is not needed. Operating at lower engine rpm decreases fuel costs during tasks. The overall operating experience improves because there is less noise and vibration for the operator.