Attractive styling provides improved visibility and serviceability
The bold styling of the tractor provides an attractive and functional appearance similar to that of the larger agricultural tractors.
An updated fixed grill and side panel hood design allows for optimum sealing of the cooling compartment, and the integrated maintenance position on front grill allows easy battery access. There are wraparound-style halogen headlights and bold graphics allowing for easy tractor family identification.
The aggressively sloped hood design gives a softer, smoother look, and provides improved visibility.
Operator station is comfortable and convenient
Conveniently placed pedals, as well as repositioned operator controls, provide for a clean and flat platform design, giving the operator plenty of legroom.
The hood and fenders are made from composite polymer material designed to eliminate the possibility of rusting and resistance to dents. The tractor is fitted with an easy-fold rollover protective structure (ROPS), with built-in, rattle-reducing isolator.
Powerful Yanmar® diesel engine delivers plenty of power under heavy loads
The Yanmar diesel engine has a high-torque reserve that provides plenty of power under heavy load. This 4-cylinder engine features lower levels of exhaust emissions and reduced noise levels.
Maximize productivity with an eHydro™ transmission
The tractor is available with a three-range electronic hydrostatic (eHydro) transmission.
Key features of the eHydro transmission are:
- Infinite ground speeds, even at full throttle, allow the operator to match the speed of the tractor to the job
- No clutching for fast and easy direction changes
- Twin Touch foot pedals for quick and easy forward/reverse operation
- Cruise control is standard equipment
- Cruise control switch is located on the right-hand console for easy access
- Cruise control is electronically engaged and disengaged, which allows for precise setting of speed
Standard premium ComfortGard™ cab provides superior comfort and performance
John Deere ComfortGard cab tractors are the most comfortable, quiet, and easy-to-use cab tractors available. This premium solution was developed using extensive customer research and validation, tools, and some of the most advanced design techniques available.
Cab tractors are designed for those who demand superior performance and element protection, and offer:
A climate-control system
Sealed cab to help reduce exposure to dust and allergens.
Improved HVAC system with larger capacity condenser
And much more.
Built-in safety features for operator peace of mind
Safety is designed into all 4M and 4R Series Tractors.
- Operator presence system ensures the operator is in the seat to run the tractor
- The rollover protective structure (ROPS) is designed for operation safety
- Key switch interlock prevents bypass starting
- Visual PTO warning light alerts operator when rear PTO is running
- Placing the transmission in neutral and setting the park brake allows operator to run rear PTO safely when off the tractor seat
- Turn signal and flashing warning lights operate according to ASAE S279.10 standard
Hitch assist and auxiliary 3-point hitch control for easy implement hookup
The hitch assist feature allows the operator to creep the tractor backward or forward, and an auxiliary 3-point hitch control on the left-hand fender allows the operator to raise or lower the hitch, all while standing on the ground behind the tractor.
Pairing the auxiliary 3-point hitch control with hitch assist, changing implements has never been easier. Both features are in base equipment for 4R Series eHydro™ transmission models.
Save fuel, reduce noise, and increase engine life with the economy power take-off (PTO)
The optional field-installed 540/540 economy power take-off (PTO) allows operators to select the engine rpm needed for their PTO application. Operating at lower engine rpm decreases fuel costs during tasks.
A conveniently located lever (behind the seat of the tractor) allows the operator to simply change between 540 and 540E when conditions merit the opportunity to save fuel without affecting performance.
A safety interlock also prevents accidental shifting of the PTO selector lever at higher engine speeds than the economy PTO setting, which would lead to downtime to fix implements or drivetrains. Please note that economy PTO is only applicable to 4066R.
Excellent serviceability reduces operational costs and improves productivity
Regular service and maintenance are essential to the performance, productivity, and longevity of the tractor. Easy access to most regular service points minimises service time.
Tractors are equipped with extensive onboard self-diagnostic capabilities and are fully compatible with the John Deere-exclusive Service ADVISOR™ system. Most service interval requirements can be performed with a basic understanding of procedures and common tools.
All items in the daily service schedule can be performed without the use of tools:
- Engine oil, hydraulic oil, coolant level, and the water separator can be conveniently accessed.
- The engine can be easily accessed by simply raising the hood for more periodic maintenance checks
- A single-point latch mechanism and self-contained leash ensure easy hood opening and closure.
NOTE: Always refer to the operator’s manual for complete maintenance and service recommendations.