PowerTech™ PSS cooled exhaust gas recirculation (EGR)
The John Deere exhaust filter is integrated into the engine design and electronics to provide a seamless operator experience.
Standard CommandView™ III cab offers unsurpassed amenities
The standard CommandView III cab offers unsurpassed visibility, operator comfort, control placement, and ride and sound quality.
- ComfortCommand™ seat with air suspension, lumbar support, swivel, fore-aft and lateral attenuation, backrest angle adjustment, adjustable left-hand armrest, and 40-degree right-hand seat swivel
- Folding instructional seat
- CommandARM™ with integrated controls
- 4100 or 4600 Generation 4 CommandCenter™
- Air conditioner and heater with automatic temperature controls (ATC)
e18™ PowerShift™ transmission (PST) with Efficiency Manager™ feature
The e18 transmission delivers smooth shifting and intuitive controls in a reliable 18-speed PST transmission. The e18 transmission with enhanced Efficiency Manager is standard equipment on all 9 Series Tractors.
As the next generation of PowerShift technology, the e18 delivers the strength to handle sudden, high-torque power loads while maintaining responsive, quick, and smooth shifts.
JDLink™ services and Service ADVISOR™ diagnostic systems
JDLink is the John Deere telematics system designed for operators and managers who desire to take their operations to the next level of productivity and efficiency without leaving the office. Whether it is receiving an e-mail or text message, users can manage the operation in real-time without being in the cab. Using the power of JDLink can optimize productivity, increase uptime, and boost profits with JDLink information all accessible from a laptop, desktop, or mobile device.
Service ADVISOR diagnostics greatly assist in reducing service costs and downtime.
All items in the daily service schedule can be performed without the use of tools:
- Engine oil, hydraulic oil, coolant level, and water separator can be conveniently accessed from ground level without having to open the hood. Engine oil can be checked by simply removing one small engine side panel.
- Engine can be easily accessed by simply raising the one-piece hood and removing two engine side panels for more periodic maintenance checks.
- Single-point latch mechanism ensures easy hood opening and closure.
PowerTech™ 13.5L (824-cu in.) Tier 2/Stage II engine option for Australia and New Zealand (non-9620R/RX Tractors)
The PowerTech 13.5L (824-cu in.) Tier 2/Stage II engine will deliver horsepower and performance ratings and peak torque levels comparable to the PowerTech Plus FT4/Stage V engine.
- Four-valve cylinder head
- Fixed geometry turbocharger with air-to-air after cooling
- Common size intake and exhaust valves
- Targeted spray oil cooled pistons
- Full-authority electronic controls
Reduced fuel consumption
A combination of advanced design features contained in PowerTech 13.5L (824-cu in.) engines and surrounding tractor systems work together to provide the most efficient use of engine power, resulting in less fuel consumption. These features include:
- A fixed geometry turbocharger and single injector electronic control
- The integrated pressure-and-flow-compensated hydraulic pump circuit design adds a priority valve for steering and brakes, reducing engine load when hydraulic functions are not being used.
- The drivetrain and brake system are focused on limiting oil windage losses that reduce available engine power and increase fuel usage.
- e18™ PowerShift™ transmission with Efficiency Manager™ feature allows the tractor to operate at an optimal performance level while minimizing fuel consumption (refer to the Efficiency Manager sections for further information).
304.8-cm (120-in.) track spacing for 9RX Series Tractors with 76.2-cm and 91.4-cm (30-in. and 36-in.) tracks
9RX Tractors equipped with 304.8-cm (120-in.) track spacing provide increased stability, allow producers to operate on 304.8-cm (120-in.) centers for controlled traffic farming, and provide improved track-to-frame clearance for better access to the undercarriage for serviceability and material cleanout. John Deere is the first and only tractor manufacturer to offer a 304.8-cm (120-in.) track spacing option on four-track tractors with 76.2-cm (30-in.) and 91.4-cm (36-in.) tracks up to 462.3 kW (620 hp).