PowerTech™ PSS cooled exhaust gas recirculation (EGR)
Standard CommandView™ III cab offers unsurpassed amenities
The standard CommandView III cab offers unsurpassed visibility, operator comfort, control placement, and ride and sound quality.
- ComfortCommand™ seat with air suspension, lumbar support, swivel, fore-aft and lateral attenuation, backrest angle adjustment, adjustable left-hand armrest, and 40-degree right-hand seat swivel
- Operator presence system that warns if the operator is out of the seat while operating key functions
- Folding instructional seat
- CommandARM™ with integrated controls
- 4100 or 4600 Generation 4 CommandCenter™
- Air conditioner and heater with automatic temperature controls (ATC)
e18™ PowerShift™ transmission (PST) with Efficiency Manager™ feature
The e18 transmission delivers smooth shifting and intuitive controls in a reliable 18-speed PST transmission. The e18 transmission with enhanced Efficiency Manager is standard equipment on all 9 Series Tractors.
Efficiency Manager is automatically enabled in auto and custom modes. Efficiency Manager can be turned on in manual mode by selecting the set speed one or set speed two button on the CommandARM™ console. The set speed adjuster on the top of the single-lever gear selector allows the operator to dial in the desired ground speed to establish set speed one or two. Once engaged, Efficiency Manager will manage the engine rpm and gear selection to maintain the desired working speed. To reach the desired set speed, the throttle must be set to full engine rpm.
JDLink™ services and Service ADVISOR™ diagnostic systems
JDLink is the John Deere telematics system designed for operators and managers who desire to take their operations to the next level of productivity and efficiency without leaving the office. Whether it is receiving an e-mail or text message, users can manage the operation in real-time without being in the cab. Using the power of JDLink can optimize productivity, increase uptime, and boost profits with JDLink information all accessible from a laptop, desktop, or mobile device.
Service ADVISOR diagnostics greatly assist in reducing service costs and downtime. It allows the John Deere service technician to readily extract vital information about tractor malfunctions through the Service ADVISOR data port. Diagnostic codes and controller area network (CAN) bus statistics stored by the tractor and visible in the CommandCenter™ display are used by service technicians to isolate, identify, and resolve problems.
Diagnostics and CAN bus statistics are not normally used by the operator. Access and use of trouble codes should only be done by a qualified, factory-trained John Deere service technician.
Power take-off (PTO), 1-3/4 1000 rpm
Fully independent 1000-rpm PTO is available as a factory- or field-installed option.
- Available on all 9 Family Ag Tractors
- 4.45-cm (1-3/4-in.) diameter shaft.
Regular service and maintenance are essential to the performance, productivity, and longevity of all farm machinery.
Maximum uptime is an important element of productivity.
- 9 Series Tractor service points are quick and simple to check.
- Greater accessibility improves serviceability.
All items in the daily service schedule can be performed without the use of tools:
- Engine oil, hydraulic oil, coolant level, and water separator can be conveniently accessed from ground level without having to open the hood. Engine oil can be checked by simply removing one small engine side panel.