Cummins® X15 (15-L [912 cu in] displacement) engine
John Deere and Cummins have partnered to provide customers with a reliable, productive and efficient engine solution in the X15 15L engine. Extensive work has been done between John Deere and Cummins on software development and other engine/tractor application interface points to provide producers with the performance and efficiency they have come to expect from John Deere.
VGT turbocharger – the X15 utilizes a single Cummins VGT™ turbocharger which features electric actuation for infinite adjustment.
Cooled EGR –system has been rebalanced for use with SCR, reducing flow volume and minimizing diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) consumption levels.
Fully integrated electronic controls – a single electronic control module (ECM) controls everything from air intake to exhaust aftertreatment.
Cummins particulate filter and SCR – Cummins particulate filter operates as a nearly passive device, with minimal regeneration required.
Cummins and VGT are a trademarks of Cummins Incorporated.
Standard CommandView™ III cab offers unsurpassed amenities
The standard CommandView III cab offers unsurpassed visibility, operator comfort, control placement, and ride and sound quality.
- ComfortCommand™ seat with air suspension, lumbar support, swivel, fore-aft and lateral attenuation, backrest angle adjustment, adjustable left-hand armrest, and 40-degree right-hand seat swivel
- Operator presence system that warns if the operator is out of the seat while operating key functions
- Folding instructional seat
- CommandARM™ with integrated controls
- 4100 or 4600 Generation 4 CommandCenter™
- Air conditioner and heater with automatic temperature controls (ATC)
e18™ PowerShift™ transmission (PST) with Efficiency Manager™ feature
The e18 transmission delivers smooth shifting and intuitive controls in a reliable 18-speed PST transmission. The e18 transmission with enhanced Efficiency Manager is standard equipment on all 9 Series Tractors.
JDLink™ services and Service ADVISOR™ diagnostic systems
JDLink is the John Deere telematics system designed for operators and managers who desire to take their operations to the next level of productivity and efficiency without leaving the office. Whether it is receiving an e-mail or text message, users can manage the operation in real-time without being in the cab. Using the power of JDLink can optimize productivity, increase uptime, and boost profits with JDLink information all accessible from a laptop, desktop, or mobile device.
Service ADVISOR diagnostics greatly assist in reducing service costs and downtime. It allows the John Deere service technician to readily extract vital information about tractor malfunctions through the Service ADVISOR data port. Diagnostic codes and controller area network (CAN) bus statistics stored by the tractor and visible in the CommandCenter™ display are used by service technicians to isolate, identify, and resolve problems.
Diagnostics and CAN bus statistics are not normally used by the operator. Access and use of trouble codes should only be done by a qualified, factory-trained John Deere service technician.
Power take-off (PTO), 1-3/4 1000 rpm
Fully independent 1000-rpm PTO is available as a factory- or field-installed option.
- Available on all 9 Family Ag Tractors
- 4.45-cm (1-3/4-in.) diameter shaft
Regular service and maintenance are essential to the performance, productivity, and longevity of all farm machinery.
All items in the daily service schedule can be performed without the use of tools:
- Engine oil, hydraulic oil, coolant level, and water separator can be conveniently accessed from ground level without having to open the hood. Engine oil can be checked by simply removing one small engine side panel.
- Engine can be easily accessed by simply raising the one-piece hood and removing two engine side panels for more periodic maintenance checks.
- Single-point latch mechanism ensures easy hood opening and closure.
Seeding hydraulic Intelligent Power Management (IPM) with three 1.9-cm (3/4-in.) and five 1.3-cm (1/2-in.) selective control valves (SCVs) for 9620R and 9620RX
9620R and 9620RX Ag Tractors will have the option of factory- or field-installed seeding hydraulic IPM. The seeding hydraulic IPM package contains both software and hardware components designed to increase the performance of tractors operating implements that require continuous hydraulic power, specifically the John Deere 18.3-m (60-ft) 1895 Separate Fertilizer Placement Drill, 23.2-m (76-ft) 1870 Air Hoe Drill, and C850 Air Cart.