- 16.4 kW (22 hp)* V-Twin Engine
- 122 cm (48-in.) Edge™ Mower Deck
- 2 year/120 hour bumper-to-bumper warranty
* Prices exclude accessories and options, include GST and are only available in Australia. Delivery not included and cost may vary by outlet. Photo may show options not included in the price. Products may not be available in all regions. Product features subject to change.
Engine is powerful and smooth-running V-twin design
A 16.4-kW (22-hp) V-twin engine provides plenty of power and torque to handle tough mowing, mulching, and bagging:
- V-twin cylinder design for greater torque, lower vibration, and improved sound quality
- Full-pressure lubrication and oil filter for cleaner oil, prolonging engine life and extending the time between oil changes
- No-tools oil drain system for servicing convenience
- The capacity is 9.1 L (2.4 U.S. gal.).
Frame made of full-length welded steel for reliability
The front axle is constructed of solid cast iron that will not bend.
The CargO Mount system is a combination of front- and rear-mounting points providing convenient and easy installation of the sun canopy, rear bagger, and other attachments.
Hydrostatic transmission gives an infinite choice of ground speeds
Appropriate transmissions are used in each model, depending on rear tire size and tractor performance requirements, to ensure excellent performance and reliability.
Operator station designed for operator comfort and convenience
The operator station is designed for operator comfort and easy operation.
Controls are easy to see and use.
Wide footrest areas with non-slip, anti-vibration floor mats are provided for operator comfort.
Operator comfort is enhanced with a 38-cm (15-in.) high-back, two-piece seat with an open back:
- The open-back seat design keeps the operator cooler
- Especially helpful when operating the tractor for extended periods of time
- Easily adjusted forward or rearward while in the seat
- Seat travel of 14 cm (5.5 in.) and 10 different positions to adjust for operator height.
Instruments and controls are easy to find and convenient to use
The contoured dash has clean, attractive styling.
Side-by-side transmission control pedals
Side-by-side foot pedals control the speed and direction of travel:
- Automotive-type accelerator controls ensure easy operation.
- Operator can change direction without lifting foot off the platform.
- Large pedal surface gives superior operator comfort.
Mower deck height adjustment
A spring-assisted, ergonomically designed lift lever simplifies adjusting the mower cut height.
Parking brake control
The parking brake control is conveniently located for easy access. It holds the brake pedal securely in the locked position.
Serviceability is convenient with an easy-open hood
The seat tilts up and out of the way to make adding fuel easy.
Hood will not rust or dent, and includes quality headlights.
The Edge™ cutting system gives superior performance
The Edge cutting system has been trademarked to emphasise the advantages of the John Deere mower deck designs. They give superior mowing performance, convenience, and reliability.
The 122-cm (48-in) Edge Mower Deck is a three-spindle design with heavy-duty characteristics:
- The 12-gauge, 2.7-mm (0.105-in.) steel deck provides years of dependable mowing.
- Included three-in-one blades work well for side-discharge, mulching, or bagging.
- The blade-to-spindle design provides a unique mounting system for the mower blade that gives extra safety and convenience.
StarLock™ blade design
The StarLock blade design keeps the blade bolt at the correct torque for easy removal.
Optional blades for difficult mulching or bagging conditions are available.
A cut-and-throw, 229-L (6.5-bu) bagger is sold separately and comes with bagging blades. Special bagging blades are not required but they can enhance performance.
Two-year or 120-hour bumper-to-bumper warranty is included
An exclusive 2-year or 120-hour single-source, bumper-to-bumper warranty* is included for all John Deere 100 Series Tractors.