- 18 kW (24 hp) iTorque Power System
- Standard 122 cm (48 in.) Accel Deep™ Deck, optional 137 cm (54 in.) Accel Deep Deck
- Hydrostatic Transmission
- Mow up to 1.4 ha (3.5 ac.)
* Prices exclude accessories and options, include GST and are only available in Australia. Delivery not included and cost may vary by outlet. Photo may show options not included in the price. Products may not be available in all regions. Product features subject to change.
Engine is smooth running and reliable V-twin air-cooled design
The tractor is powered by a John Deere iTorque™ power system, a combination of engine features and an exclusive hood design providing superior lugging ability, even cooling, and durability.
V-twin air-cooled design
Large 16.6L capacity
The 48-in. (122-cm) Accel Deep™ (48A) Mower Deck cuts clean and is versatile
Deep mower-deck stamping gives excellent cut quality. It allows the cut and suspended material room to exit the deck without getting recut.
MulchControl puts the operator in control of the clippings. Now the operator can have all the benefits of mulching with the ability to easily change to side discharging or bagging when needed.
Four-year or 500-hour bumper-to-bumper warranty is standard
An exclusive 4-year or 500-hour (whichever comes first), single-source, bumper-to-bumper warranty* is standard for all John Deere X500 Series Tractors.
Hydrostatic transaxle has traction assist
Cruise control is standard equipment:
- Maintains a set tractor ground speed for mowing large areas or when driving the tractor from one location to another.
- Convenient, easy-to-use button to activate cruise control function.
- Release cruise control with brake pedal or forward Twin Touch™ foot pedal
Traction assist is standard equipment:
- Traction assist supplies positive power to both drive wheels for increased traction.
- Foot-operated traction assist control is convenient for the operator to use, when needed.
Lever-action or electric one-touch MulchControl™ options are available for extra mowing convenience
Lever-action or electric one-touch MulchControl attachment is available for Accel Deep™ 42-in. (107-cm) (42A), 48-in. (122-cm) (48A), and 54-in. (137-cm) (54A) Mower Decks used on ZTrak™ Mowers and X300 and X500 Select Series™ Tractors.
MulchControl enhances versatility and productivity. A mower deck equipped with MulchControl not only does an excellent job of mowing and mulching, but it can also be quickly converted from side discharging to mulching or vice versa. MulchControl puts the operator in control of the clippings. Now the operator can have all the benefits of mulching with the ability to easily change to side discharging when desired.
Steering is low-effort sector and pinion system
A heavy-duty sector and pinion steering system with quality bearings provides easy and precise control for the life of the tractor:
- Tight, 22-in. (56-cm) turning radius provides excellent maneuverability.
- Tight turning ability improves mowing efficiency.
Easy steering is important to give the operator an enjoyable mowing experience:
Larger, 14-in. (35.6-cm) diameter steering wheel improves leverage for easier turns.
Steering wheel/pinion gear shaft turns on a sealed ball bearing at the pinion gear.
Reduce steering effort
Provide a smooth feel for the life of the tractor.
Control and display functions are easy to identify and convenient to use
The instrument display has the look and feel of a modern automobile.
- Hourmeter makes it easy to tell when oil changes and other maintenance should be performed.
- Electronic fuel gauge provides real-time fuel level information.
- A tachometer graphically displays engine speed.
- Target-zone graphics inform the operator of the engine speed range to use for best cut quality.
A lift-assist spring is provided on the tractor to minimie lift effort.
Frame is formed from heavy-duty steel and welded for reliability
The frame is made of heavy-duty formed steel, reinforced in critical areas and welded for even greater strength.
A heavy-duty equipment mounting system is used:
- Includes strong frame mounts with a combination of mounting holes in the tractor hitch plate that accept pins or shoulder bolts to support heavy rear-mounted equipment.
- Easily attach optional equipment to the tractor
- Can bear the load of heavy rear-mounted equipment, such as material collection systems
Modern styling is eye appealing and functional
High-quality headlights make evening work easier and safer.
Operator station is comfortable and convenient
The 15-in. (38-cm) open-back seat (X570, X580) features distinctive styling and is designed for comfort.
The seat suspension is easily adjusted to make most any operator comfortable.
- 7 in. (18 cm) of seat travel allows the operator to be seated comfortably and operate the controls easily.
- Seat tilts forward to keep the seating surface out of the weather.
The optional 21-in. (53.3-cm) professional two-piece seat, four-bar suspension, and slide shipped on Signature Series X700 Tractors is available as an upgrade seat and suspension for all X500 Multi-Terrain Tractors (model year 2006-). Key selling features for this seat include:
Serviceability is convenient with easy-open hood
The one-piece hood opens easily to permit checking and servicing the engine.
The engine fuel and oil filters, the oil check/fill tube, and the oil drain tube are exposed for serviceability when the hood is opened.