Engine is smooth running and reliable V-twin liquid-cooled design
The 25.5-hp (19-kW) liquid-cooled V-twin engine has a large 45.5-cu in. (745-cc) displacement to provide plenty of power and torque for excellent performance in any operating condition. The one-piece hood is hinged to open for convenient engine service.
Key engine features include:
- Liquid cooling for longer engine life; quieter operation and improved fuel economy
- V-twin cylinder design for smoother running and easier starting.
A large 19.7-L capacity fuel tank holds enough fuel for extended operation between refills.
54-in. (137-cm) and 60-in. (152-cm) Edge™ High-Capacity (HC) Mower Decks are heavy duty
Four-year or 700-hour bumper-to-bumper warranty is standard
An exclusive 4-year or 700-hour (whichever comes first), single-source, bumper-to-bumper warranty* is standard for all John Deere X700 Series Tractors.
Hydrostatic four-wheel drive (4WD) with Twin Touch™ control gives superior traction and easy operation
- Automotive-type accelerator control for easy operation
- Twin Touch design that allows operator to change direction without lifting foot off platform
Cruise control is standard equipment.
The transmission oil cooler is standard equipment.
Operator station is comfortable and convenient
Optional air-ride suspension seat.
12-V outlet located for the convenience of connecting a variety of electrical and electronic equipment:
Headlights and taillights provide good visibility
- Standard 37-W halogen headlights provide excellent nighttime visibility.
- Large automotive-type taillights enhance the tractor’s appearance and safety.
- Headlights, taillights, and rear work lights are easily operated with a single dash-mounted switch.
Instruments and controls are easy to find and use
- Hour meter makes it easy to tell when oil changes and other maintenance should be performed.
- A tachometer graphically displays engine speed.
Power steering is standard equipment. It provides effortless, automotive-like control.
Modern styling has a functional design
Full-length welded steel frame
The 4WD tractors use heavy-duty cast and machined front spindle and wheel motor assemblies for durability and long life.
Thoughtful designs promote safe operation and convenient service
The hydrostatic transmission foot pedals must be in neutral, with brake depressed, PTO disengaged, and the ignition key used, before the tractor will start.
The one-piece hood opens easily to permit checking and servicing the engine.
48-in. (122-cm) Accel Deep™ Mower Deck cuts clean and is versatile
- Clean flow of material out of discharge area prevents cut material from interfering with cutting the incoming grass, making it possible for the blades to cut incoming material cleanly.