MegaWide™ High Capacity and Cutting (HC2) feeding system
This feed system in front of these machines is the MegaWide HC2. The MegaWide Plus name is known as the industry-leading feed system since its introduction with the 7 Series Balers. John Deere continues that legacy with the 0 Series. Proven designs of the MegaWide were maintained and improvements were made to key components to gain significant capacity.
Features of the MegaWide HC2
The MegaWide™ HC2 will only be available in a precutter configuration (available on the 450M, 460M, 460R, 560M, and 560R models):
- 1.22-m (4-ft) wide machines will have 14 knives
- 1.52-m (5-ft) wide machines will have 20 knives
Drop floor – if the baler exceeds capacity and plugs, the MegaWide HC2 can lower the knife floor from the cab of the tractor to easily feed the plug into the chamber.
Increased torque – the MegaWide HC2 feed system required an additional drive configuration to power the primary rotor and to meet the capacity goals.
Automatic electric-tie option using BaleTrak™ Pro monitor allows for more productivity
The BaleTrak Pro monitor-controller is included with the automatic electric twine tie option and the Edge-to-Edge net wrap option on the 450E Baler. The monitor sounds an alarm for near-full, full, and oversized bales.
Adjustable hitch to match wide array of tractor drawbar heights
The 9 Series Round Balers came standard with an adjustable hitch and this feature will continue to be in base with the 0 Series Round Balers.
Benefits of the adjustable hitch:
- Ability to match baler to numerous tyre sizes
- Allows for drawbar height to fall within 330 mm to 559 mm (13 in. to 22 in.) from the top of the drawbar to the ground
- Eliminates narrow feed opening on the baler which can cause plugging
- Allows pickup head to follow terrain without missing crop.
MegaWide™ Plus pickup with MegaTough™ pickup teeth offers super capacity
MegaWide Plus pickups make baling easier, especially in wide or windblown windrows, and increases productivity; more hay volume means more bales per hour.
- Flare-to-flare width of 1.8 m (5.9 ft) on balers with a 1.2 m (4-ft) wide bale chamber
- The MegaWide HC2 Precutter feed system on the 460M offers a 2.2 m (7.2-ft) wide flare-to-flare pickup width
- Exclusive square design handles high-impact loads without yielding
- Self-adjusting roller baffle
- Spiral rotor-feed system improves feeding in all crop conditions.
Exclusive DiamondTough™ belts with plate-type splices
John Deere’s 178-mm (7-in.) wide diamond-tread design ensures fast bale starts and grips the bale to prevent slippage and reduce chaffing. The treads are self-cleaning to reduce carryover. The belts are staggered to reduce the loss of fine material and are closely spaced to contain the hay for fast, easy starts. The belts enclose 91 percent of the bale width to reduce loss of fine material and retain hay quality.
A silage-configuration baler allows the producer to put up silage hay. A silage configuration machine does not offer a precutter. There are three major components to a silage configuration baler: a staggered roller-auger kit (1), a starter roll-scraper knife, and a screen (2). The powered auger sits above the staggered roll on the baler to help keep wet hay from traveling up the belts and reduce buildup on the roll. The screen is bolted on the front of the baler as a safety feature. The knife/scraper is mounted in front of the starter roll to help prevent wrapping of wet crop on the starter roll.
Additional features available on the 0 Series Premium Round Balers
- Factory-installed grease bank
- Third bale-shape sensor
- ISOBUS system
Looking for another product?