Self-Propelled Forage Harvester
- 566 kW (759 hp), 24 L Liebherr V12 engine
- Driveline designed to deliver optimal crop flow when the engine is operating in its efficiency sweet spot
- The ProStream crop flow designed with extra heavy-duty components for high horsepower and more throughput than ever before
High-capacity feeding supports high silage quality
John Deere rotary harvesting units are built for reliable and powerful feeding of high-capacity forage harvesters. Two fundamental designs are available to match all producer needs. The 300plus Series Headers are the universal solution for different crops up to 4-m (13.1-ft) tall. The 400plus Series Headers are the perfect solution for high-yielding crops.
Variable header drive
John Deere SPFH come with variable header drive in base. The header speed is automatically synchronized with the feeding speed and length of chop through a hydrostatic IVT™ drive system. This ensures a gentle and even crop transfer from the header into the machine without blocking or disrupting material transition. Producers receive the benefit of high chopping quality and full leverage of the header and crop flow potential.
Dual header drive
Dual header drive for the SPFH and the 6X9 Series Pickups complements the benefits of the variable header drive. While the variable header drive automatically synchronises the pickup auger and harvester feeding speed, the dual header drive with its individual hydraulic drive of the pickup tines is speed matched with vehicle speed to ensure clean crop picking in changing conditions and windows.
The John Deere 9000 Series Self-Propelled Forage Harvesters (SPFH) have been developed with a clear focus on machine performance: more throughput and less fuel consumption while providing maximum uptime and low cost of operation. A key success factor is the HarvestMotion concept of lower engine rpm at higher harvesting component speeds.
V12 – 24-L concept: The Liebherr® D9512 engine
The top-model 9700, 9800, and 9900 SPFH are equipped with a Liebherr 12-cylinder V-engine with 24-L displacement. The Liebherr D9512 is a state-of-the-art engine and delivers what a high-performance forage harvester requires:
- High power density and great fuel efficiency
- Constant maximum power down to lower engine rpm
- Torque curve designed for forage harvesting applications
The 9000 Series SPFH feature the AutoLube central greasing harness; the respective central greasing equipment is available on the Premium Kernel Processor as well. The XStream Kernel Processor features an automatic pressurized oil lubrication.
Dura Line™ components
Benefits of Dura Line parts
- Performance – an extremely hard coating makes Dura Line wear parts the toughest. Dura Line is exclusively supplied from John Deere.
- Uptime – Dura Line uses a unique technology that provides more hours of extensive machine use before parts need to be replaced. A proprietary tungsten carbide composition associated with unique application provides this exclusive wear-resistance performance.
- Cost of operation – premium John Deere parts last up to five times longer and cut labor costs. This significantly minimizes the risk of downtime during the harvesting season, saving money in the long run.
Detect dry matter, sugar, starch, and more with intelligent HarvestLab™ 3000 sensor
When HarvestLab is used in conjunction with Harvest Monitor™, a wealth of important information becomes available to the operator, including productivity in acres per hour, throughput in tons per hour, total area harvested, total crop mass harvested, yields, and dry matter.
Looking for another product?