Self-Propelled Forage Harvester
- 640 kW (858 hp), 24 L Liebherr V12 engine
- Driveline designed to deliver optimal crop flow when the engine is operating in its efficiency sweet spot
- The ProStream crop flow designed with extra heavy-duty components for high horsepower and more throughput than ever before
High-capacity feeding supports high silage quality
John Deere rotary harvesting units are built for reliable and powerful feeding of high-capacity forage harvesters. Two fundamental designs are available to match all producer needs. The 600plus Series Headers are the universal solution for different crops up to 4-m (13.1-ft) tall. The 700plus Series Headers are the perfect solution for high-yielding crops.
The 6X9 Series Pickups with the patented endless flight vortex auger design and optional dual header drive enable high-capacity feeding of John Deere SPFH. Key advantages are the throughput boost in high-yielding crops but also the easy handling of uneven windrows.
Variable header drive
John Deere SPFH come with variable header drive in base. The header speed is automatically synchronised with the feeding speed and length of chop through a hydrostatic IVT™ drive system. This ensures a gentle and even crop transfer from the header into the machine without blocking or disrupting material transition. Producers receive the benefit of high chopping quality and full leverage of the header and crop flow potential.
Dual header drive
Dual header drive for the SPFH and the 6X9 Series Pickups complements the benefits of the variable header drive. While the variable header drive automatically synchronises the pickup auger and harvester feeding speed, the dual header drive with its individual hydraulic drive of the pickup tines is speed matched with vehicle speed to ensure clean crop picking in changing conditions and windows.
Low engine speed concept
The John Deere 9000 Series Self-Propelled Forage Harvesters (SPFH) have been developed with a clear focus on machine performance: more throughput and less fuel consumption while providing maximum uptime and low cost of operation.
V12 – 24-L concept: The Liebherr® D9512 engine
The top-model 9700, 9800, and 9900 SPFH are equipped with a Liebherr 12-cylinder V-engine with 24-L displacement. The Liebherr D9512 is a state-of-the-art engine and delivers what a high-performance forage harvester requires:
- High power density and great fuel efficiency
- Constant maximum power down to lower engine rpm
- Torque curve designed for forage harvesting applications.
Improve silage quality with two kernel processing options
John Deere self-propelled forage harvesters (SPFH) set new standards in kernel processing performance. Proven in independent tests during corn harvest in 2016 and 2017, John Deere kernel processors (KP) deliver smashed kernels and highly processed plants that growers expect. With two different models, the John Deere Premium KP™ kernel processor and the John Deere XStream KP™ kernel processor, all different needs will be satisfied.
Dura Line™ wear parts
- The coating is extremely wear resistant with an extraordinarily smooth surface due to the special heat treatment and a proprietary tungsten carbide composition.
- Dura Line™ provides a permanent fast-chopping process with low crop friction on the components while fuel consumption remains low.
- Tests show that when chopping in the same crop conditions and chopping the same tonnage, Dura Line™ parts last four times as long as, or longer than, standard parts. Time and money associated with replacing parts are significantly reduced.