Self-Propelled Forage Harvester
- 713 kW (956 hp), 24 L Liebherr V12 engine
- Driveline designed to deliver optimal crop flow when the engine is operating in its efficiency sweet spot
- The ProStream crop flow designed with extra heavy-duty components for high horsepower and more throughput than ever before
High-capacity feeding supports high silage quality
John Deere rotary harvesting units are built for reliable and powerful feeding of high-capacity forage harvesters. The 300plus Series Headers are the universal solution for different crops up to 4-m (13.1-ft) tall. The 400plus Series Headers are the perfect solution for high-yielding crops.
The 6X9 Series Pickups with the patented endless flight auger design and optional dual header drive enable high-capacity feeding of John Deere SPFH. Key advantages are the throughput boost in high-yielding crops but also the easy handling of uneven windrows.
Variable header drive
John Deere SPFH come with variable header drive in base. The header speed is automatically synchronized with the feeding speed and length of chop through a hydrostatic IVT™ drive system.
Dual header drive
Dual header drive for the SPFH and the 6X9 Series Pickups complements the benefits of the variable header drive.
Hydraulic feedroll dampening
Next to the four individual springs applying high pressure on the crop mat entering the machine, the dampener supports crop compaction in uneven crop conditions and ensures smooth feeding even at the highest feeding speeds when chopping for a very long period.
The John Deere 9000 Series Self-Propelled Forage Harvesters (SPFH) have been developed with a clear focus on machine performance: more throughput and less fuel consumption while providing maximum uptime and low cost of operation.
V12 – 24-L concept: The Liebherr® D9512 engine
The top-model 9700, 9800, and 9900 SPFH are equipped with a Liebherr 12-cylinder V-engine with 24-L displacement. The Liebherr D9512 is a state-of-the-art engine and delivers what a high-performance forage harvester requires:
- High power density and great fuel efficiency
- Constant maximum power down to lower engine rpm
- Torque curve designed for forage harvesting applications.
All 9000 Series Self-Propelled Forage Harvesters (SPFH) can be operated with or without a kernel processing unit in position. When not in use, a crop transition chute swings into position at a few turns of a crank. The crop transition chute comes standard on all harvesters.
The 9000 Series SPFH feature the AutoLube central greasing harness; the respective central greasing equipment is available on the Premium Kernel Processor as well. The XStream Kernel Processor features an automatic pressurised oil lubrication.
Dura Line™ components
Benefits of Dura Line parts
- Performance – an extremely hard coating makes Dura Line wear parts the toughest. Dura Line is exclusively supplied from John Deere.
- Uptime – Dura Line uses a unique technology that provides more hours of extensive machine use before parts need to be replaced. A proprietary tungsten carbide composition associated with unique application provides this exclusive wear-resistance performance.
- Cost of operation – premium John Deere parts last up to five times longer and cut labour costs. This significantly minimises the risk of downtime during the harvesting season, saving money in the long run.
Detect dry matter, sugar, starch, and more with intelligent HarvestLab™ 3000 sensor
The HarvestLab sensor mounts to the top of the discharge spout and takes accurate dry matter and ingredient readings (more than 4000 measurements per second) of the crop through the sapphire glass lens as crop passes through the spout. This is the same technology forage labs use to measure dry matter.