Ready to do the heavy lifting
Combining serious performance with fuel efficiency, customer-inspired components, and intuitive controls, the 744 P-Tier provides the muscle operators need to work productively and comfortably. Enhancements include increased horsepower, an ergonomically reimagined cab, and simplified service points. With its rugged EPA Final Tier 4/EU Stage V-compliant JD9 diesel, high-capacity heavy-duty axles, and a wealth of proven options, this large-scale wheel loader is built rock solid for the long haul.
All day comfort in the redesigned cab
The redesigned cab in the P-tier John Deere Production Class loader lineup features improvements that provide operators with a first-class work environment. The range of creature comfort options are intended to keep operators comfortable and productive no matter what task at hand.
- An additional 76-mm (3-in.) of leg room has been added over the previous K-Series loaders
- Optional premium seat with heating and ventilation and seat pan and tilt adjustment
- Cab door has increased by 79% over previous series machines at the bottom opening for easier ingress and egress
- Additional 12V power ports have been strategically placed for proper powering of devices and a USB port has been added for connecting to the radio
- Auxiliary accessory mounting points are strategically placed on the right front and rear cab posts for equipment such as a payload scale interface or CB radio
- Upgraded HVAC system, including automatic temperature control, improves cooling capacity, adds additional precision control, and increases reliability and durability.
- The AC unit has been relocated to the right side of the cab for easier access and service
- The fresh air filter exchange is made through the top of the unit located outside the cab. This allows the dirty filter to be replaced completely outside of the operator compartment.
- The brushless motor provides infinite fan speeds, quieter operation, and increased airflow.
A standard blower vent located behind the seat defrosts the rear window is adjustable to control the direction of air flow.
- The sealed switch module has been updated and relocated on L-series and P-tier loaders. The new location brings the switches to the operator’s line of sight during operation for quick reference and ese of selection. There are also multiple updated and new functions included.
- Selecting the About button on the main menu of the monitor, then going down to SSM feature button the next screen takes you to a menu where you can view each button on the SSM and learn more about each feature.
Durable and heavy-duty axles
Production class P-tier loaders will continue to utilize the durable axles implemented with the K-II series machines. The 744 and 824 will continue to use the TMV axles while the 844 continues to use the ZF MTL axles.
- Front input bearings and brake discs are pressure lubed, enhancing cooling and extending component life.
- Deeper final drive ratio lowers torque on sun shaft and differential resulting in increased durability.
- Spiral bevel pinion and gears have improvements of 500% and 158% respectively to increase strength and durability.
- Axle shaft diameter and bearing size increased to withstand higher torque.
- Brake retractors and automatic self-adjusters were added to eliminate brake drag and maintain a constant brake running clearance increasing brake compliance, reducing fuel consumption and heat.
- Larger capacity front axle input bearings were added to increase reliability and durability.
- Differential locks are a low-pressure open circuit system that uses axle oil increasing reliability and durability.
Increased functionality with EH controls
Electrohydraulic (EH) controls allow for increased functionality to customize machine operations. Operators can adjust settings based on preference to increase productivity across a range of jobsite applications.
- Enable soft hydraulic stops to select how abrupt the bucket or boom stops when end of travel is reached or when the lever of the joystick is released.
- Personalize both multi-function buttons, incorporated into the joysticks with up to 9 options selectable from the monitor.
- From the factory multi-function 1 is set as kickdown and multi-function 2 is set as the horn
- P-tier production class loaders may be equipped with low effort, shorter throw single axis controls or joystick controls.
- Set and store up to 10 different attachment configuration settings including flow, responsiveness, and other modes through the monitor for the most frequently used attachments in your fleet.
Increased power and lower fuel consumption
P-tier production class loaders pack more power and burn less fuel than previous series machines helping increase productivity to keep up with all the demands of the sites they work on.
- All P-tier Production Class Loaders have received a net horsepower increase (see chart below) and burn less fuel compared to K-series machines.
- The 744 P burns 5-6 percent less than the 744K-II
- Shuttle Shift minimizes the chance for an operator to make a poor shifting decision; shuttle shift allows a commanded direction to change while still moving.
- Standard Automatic Ride Control improves operator comfort and material retention when traveling over uneven terrain.
- Standard Lockup Torque Converter adds additional torque and improves fuel economy during material transport.
- Dedicated steering pump improves multifunction performance and fuel efficiency while also enabling faster steering, bucket raising, and cycle times compared to previous series.
- 744 and 824 come with transmission improvements containing improved lockup logic to improve performance and shift quality, updated speed sensors that improve low torque shifting for smoother accelerations, and improved downshift performance and reduced engine speed drop when going into piles.
Service improvements and capabilities to keep the loader working all day
With improvements to the electrical and hydraulic routing and features such as ground level servicing and Quad Cool, customers get an upgraded serviceability experience.
- Wire harness routing has been enhanced and additional retention points have been added to reduce rubbing
- Quad Cool cooling system places coolers in a unique boxed configuration that is isolated from the engine heat for increased efficiency and durability Ground-level daily service checks and fuel refill are conveniently grouped at ground level on the left side of the machine for easy access
- Factory installed auto-lube system is offered as standard equipment. Automatic greasing takes place while the machine is working which is more effective for grease distribution.
- The pump manifold has been removed from the articulation area to simplify ease of service.
- Controllers and fuse panel are all protected from the environment while also being more serviceable from inside the cab
- The hydraulic reservoir on the 744 P-tier and 824 P-tier has been relocated to the engine compartment for reduced complexity and improved hose routings.
Looking for another product?