Versatile, productive, and durable premium pickup
Cam-track design offers the best versatility
Versatility has been one of the key criteria when designing the R-Series Balers. Due to a narrow weather window and increasing amounts of difficult crops, such as heavy silage, growers do not want to risk losing any more time during the season.
Cam-track technology provides an efficient solution for such needs. The traditional stripper design provides reduced space between the pickup tines and rotor feeder, while the tine motion helps to avoids pinching.
Premium pickup pushes harvesting capacity a step forward
- 2.20-m (7.2-ft) wide pickup, with a 1.92-m (6.3-ft) tine-to-tine distance
- Five tine bars
- Stainless-steel strippers (exclusive feature) that give highly durable rust protection, perfect gliding capacity no matter the material, and is much more resistant to acid damage caused by additive uses (propionic acid).
High-Capacity (HC) Premium rotors grab the toughest swaths
The R-Series benefits from the proven HC rotor concept featuring an in-line design
By using the HC Premium rotor – a device implemented on John Deere round balers since 2012 – the R-Series feeding system offers:
- Limited distance from the pickup to the rotor tines to reduce plugging, especially in brittle straw or short silage
- Reduced number of bearings and distributed loads along the rotor to increase reliability
- Large 48-cm (18.9-in.) diameter converging augers facilitating crops transfer
The overall result is optimized crop flow that avoids all dead area where crops stay for a long time.
This smooth and regular crop flow guarantees high feeding capacity, especially in short crops such as brittle straw or sticky silage.
RotoFlow HC Premium is the perfect solution for non-cutting uses
MaxiCut™ HC 13 Premium rotor offers standard cutting length with high productivity and versatility
MaxiCut HC 25 Premium provides high-quality fine chopped crops
Advanced displays and electronics allow the operator to drive the baler with the touch of a finger
For any monitor, all R-Series Balers use ISOBUS architecture and can be fully set from the display. There is no need for the operator to leave the cab, even for density or greasing parameters (when equipped with optional automatic greasing system), as everything is managed on the display through drop-down menus.
- Implement Display 1100 provides a simple but modern solution
- GreenStar™ 4240 Display enhances operator comfort
Use an ISOBUS monitor to optimise cost of acquisition and/or comfort
Tractor Baler Automation (TBA) simplifies baling experience.
Improve visibility to baler options with updated video camera and screen options
The factory-installed camera offers:
- Higher definition with 77 percent more pixels
- Wider view of 120 degrees instead of 90 degrees
- Night vision thanks to infrared light-emitting diodes (LEDs)
- Better visibility in very bright or contrasted environments
- Integrated heating system to prevent dew from forming on the lens and obscuring the screen
- Long 10-m (32.8-ft) harness for ease of use.