Ready to do the heavy lifting
Combining serious performance with fuel efficiency, customer-inspired components, and intuitive controls, our 904 P-Tier provides the muscle operators need to work productively and comfortably. Enhancements include increased horsepower and hydraulic pressure, reimagined cab amenities, and simplified service points. With its rugged EPA Final Tier 4/EU Stage V-compliant John Deere PowerTech™ diesel, hefty material-handling buckets, and a wealth of proven options, this large-scale wheel loader is built rock solid for the long haul.
Designed to perform loadout tasks in Aggregates Operations
The 904 P is John Deere’s two-pass loader solution for loading standard over the road trucks in two passes. Built off the success of the 844L Aggregate Handler, the 904 is equipped with key features like increased horsepower, breakout force, hydraulic pressures, and bucket offerings enabling it to meet the rugged demands of the aggregates industry.
- Rugged 7.5- and 7.1-m3 (9.8 and 9.3 cu. yd.) material-handling buckets with integrated spill guards and curved side cutters are designed to heap heavier loads of processed aggregates in fewer passes and maximize load retention while still providing clear visibility to the jobsite in front of the machine.
- Tilt cylinders that are 12-percent larger deliver more breakout force than previous designs. Increased hydraulic pressure helps make repetitive bucket loading, unloading, and reloading seem like no big deal.
- Low-profile tyre options improve traction, flotation, and stability over standard tyres.
- Larger rear cast bumper/counterweight enables the 904 to handle an 11-percent greater payload than our earlier aggregate handlers.
- Factory-installed payload scale enables more efficient loading and tracking of material flow to maximize productivity.
- Standard factory-installed auto-lube system with empty-reservoir sensor is electrically powered and integrated with machine diagnostics.
New Technology Offerings Enhance Operator Situational Awareness
The addition of enhanced visibility and radar object detection systems improves situation awareness and can help prevent costly damage to machines and equipment. The addition of the advanced vision system and obstacle intelligence can help lower total cost of ownership and machine downtime.
- The advance vision system integrates two digital cameras on the rearview mirror platforms and integrates those views, along with the rearview camera view located at the rear of the machine, into a dedicated single display within the cab.
- A dedicated, secondary display is larger and digital cameras provide a higher quality visual compared to analog cameras
- Dynamic reversal projected path lines assist the operator in visualizing the anticipated reversal path of the loader based on its articulation in order to provide better line of sight to objects or people that may be directly within that path
- Lines are overlaid within the rear camera view on the dedicated monitor.
- Distinctive audible alarm notifies the operator when an object is detected with the beep speed increasing as an object comes closer to the loader
Increased functionality with EH controls
Electrohydraulic (EH) controls allow for increased functionality to customize machine operations. Operators can adjust settings based on preference to increase productivity across a range of jobsite applications.
- Enable soft hydraulic stops to select how abrupt the bucket or boom stops when end of travel is reached or when the lever of the joystick is released.
- Personalize both multi-function buttons, incorporated into the joysticks with up to 9 options selectable from the monitor.
- From the factory multi-function 1 is set as kickdown and multi-function 2 is set as the horn
- P-tier production class loaders may be equipped with low effort, shorter throw single axis controls or joystick controls.
- Set and store up to 10 different attachment configuration settings including flow, responsiveness, and other modes through the monitor for the most frequently used attachments in your fleet.
Service improvements and capabilities to keep the loader working all day
With improvements to the electrical and hydraulic routing and features such as ground level servicing and Quad Cool, customers get an upgraded serviceability experience.
- Wire harness routing has been enhanced and additional retention points have been added to reduce rubbing
- Quad Cool cooling system places coolers in a unique boxed configuration that is isolated from the engine heat for increased efficiency and durability Ground-level daily service checks and fuel refill are conveniently grouped at ground level on the left side of the machine for easy access
- Factory installed auto-lube system is offered as standard equipment. Automatic greasing takes place while the machine is working which is more effective for grease distribution.
- The pump manifold has been removed from the articulation area to simplify ease of service.
- Controllers and fuse panel are all protected from the environment while also being more serviceable from inside the cab
- The hydraulic reservoir on the 744 P-tier and 824 P-tier has been relocated to the engine compartment for reduced complexity and improved hose routings.
Increased power and lower fuel consumption
P-tier production class loaders pack more power and burn less fuel than previous series machines helping increase productivity to keep up with all the demands of the sites they work on.
- All P-tier Production Class Loaders have received a net kilowatt increase (see chart below) and burn less fuel compared to K-series machines.
- The 904 P burns 3-7 percent less fuel than the 844K-III AH
- Lower cost of maintenance due to smaller engine oil capacities.
- Shuttle Shift minimizes the chance for an operator to make a poor shifting decision; shuttle shift allows a commanded direction to change while still moving.
- Standard Automatic Ride Control improves operator comfort and material retention when traveling over uneven terrain.
- Standard Lockup Torque Converter adds additional torque and improves fuel economy during material transport.
- Dedicated steering pump improves multifunction performance and fuel efficiency while also enabling faster steering, bucket raising, and cycle times compared to previous series.
Looking for another product?