John Deere’s purpose-built 318G skid steer is a reliable and productive machine; it’s superior pushing power and breakout force delivers tractive effort and leverage to dig-in where other machines just spin.
We’ve done the research for you. Here’s the top five reasons why you should choose the John Deere 318G over its competitors.
Equipped with manual controls and a fuel-efficient diesel engine, the 318G is a versatile and cost-effective machine to own and operate.
- Its low centre of gravity provides exceptional agility and balance on all surfaces and in every application.
- Its radial lift boom offers more reach at mid-range lift heights, making it well-suited to digging, grading and backfilling.
- There are also a number of optional features, like hydraulic self-levelling and ride control, that help keep buckets full and forks loaded.
John Deere has incorporated many of the same durability and reliability features found on its larger machines into the 318G, making it one of the most rugged skid steers on the market. In addition to the robust 60hp Yanmar engine, the 318G has a number of significant uptime advantages.
- All the switches and electrical connectors are sealed from moisture and dirt to help resist corrosion.
- The O-ring face-seal hydraulic fittings virtually eliminate aggravating and costly oil leaks.
- The large coolers provide increased heat rejection for superior performance in severe, high-load conditions. Additionally, the engine-mounted belt-driven cooling fan delivers efficient, reliable performance.
- The automatic shutdown system prevents overheating.
John Deere’s attention to detail has led it to engineer a suite of simple serviceability solutions that will save you time and money.
- The swing-out rear door provides you with convenient, ground-level access to dipsticks, fuel- and fluid-filler necks and filters. For easy drivetrain access, the operator’s station also swings up and out of the way in less than five minutes.
- The new, designed attachment system, known as Quik-Tatch, allows easy-access to grease zerks, which minimises maintenance time and expense.
- The hinged rear door and hydraulic cooler swing open, making debris removal and core cleanout easier.
With the 318G, compact doesn’t mean cramped. John Deere knows that if you’re going to be sitting in the machine all day, operator comfort is non-negotiable.
- Larger entryways with swing-out doors make it easier for you to get in, get comfortable and get on with it.
- It has more foot- and legroom inside the cab. And the tightly sealed, air-conditioned interior is quieter so you can concentrate on the job at hand – while also listening to the radio.
- To ensure you have unrivalled confidence in the machine, John Deere has prioritised clear sightlines to maximise visibility to the cutting edge and bucket corners, above and below the lift arms and the jobsite ahead and behind.
The 318G, like all machines, is backed by RDO Equipment’s expert service and support teams. With a wide dealer network spanning across 18 dealerships, we’re here to help you, when and where you need us.
Interested in compact construction equipment?