Gathering chains designed for increased life
The massive gathering chains are based on a CA620 chain design with deep conveying lugs for high levels of productivity.
- Large, deep conveying lugs provide high levels of productivity for faster harvesting.
- Robust design and construction ensure maximum uptime and minimum maintenance.
600C Series dual-auger strippers significantly reduce amount of auger wrapping
The 600 Series Corn Head dual-auger strippers significantly reduce the amount of auger wrapping in heavy grass, vines, or wet/damp down corn, as well as keeping ears down in the auger floor rather than riding over the top of auger.
Cross auger provides unmatched crop-handling capacity
The 600C Corn Heads feature a large, 45.7-cm (18-in.) tip diameter cross auger provides unmatched crop-handling capacity.
The deep auger flight design provides for even crop material flow, allowing faster harvesting speeds.
Auger to row-unit speed is optimised to feeding of crop and minimising crop loss due to ear tossing.
Non StalkMaster™ main drives feature enclosed gearcase and heavy-duty bearings
The drive system on non StalkMaster 600C Corn Heads is designed with robust components to match the high capacity that these heads provide.
- High levels of reliability and durability to ensure maximum uptime.
- Designed to efficiently transmit power for high performance and low fuel consumption.
- Minimum routine maintenance minimises lost time and expense.
Opposed stalk roll options for premium stalk processing
The opposed knife stalk rolls are the best equipment when the typical harvesting condition is dry corn and using the StalkMaster™ stalk chopping option.
- Majority of stalk material will be sized at 12 inches or longer to provide soil protection from wind and water.
- Designed to harvest with low power consumption for high performance and low fuel consumption.
Manufactured of highly durable material for longer wear life.
Straight-fluted stalk rolls
The straight-fluted stalk rolls are the best equipment when the maximum stalk residue length is desired.
- Majority of stalk material will be sized at to 30.5 cm (12 in.) or longer to provide maximum soil protection from wind and water.
- Designed to harvest with very low power consumption for high performance and low fuel consumption.
- Manufactured of highly durable material for longer wear life.
Lower auger bed floor offers distinct advantages
The entrance into the auger bed floor of the 600 Series Corn Head has been lowered in comparison to previous John Deere corn heads. This enables gravity to do its job and let crop follow the slope designed into the auger bed and move it quickly away from the row-unit.
- The design of the auger bed floor minimizes the loss of free grain.
- The geometry reduces the chance of damage to the ear due to backfeeding or hesitation at the rear of the row-unit.
- Auger strippers improve crop flow in challenging crop conditions maximising performance and harvesting speed.
Perma-Glide™ points and deck covers enable operator to quickly and easily access row unit
600C Series Corn Heads row unit points and covers are constructed with a tough, durable, solid polyethylene material known as Perma-Glide.
- Surfaces will not rust and resist dents providing maintenance free operation.
- Reinforcement ribs for greater strength and reliability to ensure maximum up time.
- Smooth surface and very low co-efficient of friction provides easier feeding of crop and material into the header, especially in down crop conditions maximising performance.
AutoTrac™ RowSense™ solution enables hands-free corn harvest
- Maintains harvesting efficiency in down crop and low-visibility (dusty) conditions.
- Increases the acre-per-hour performance potential and reduces grain loss.
- Enhances operator comfort and reduces operator stress.