Large Square Baler
- 2.2 m MegaWide™ pickup for better shaped bales and improved crop pickup
- Designed by John Deere, the moisture sensor is the industry’s most accurate across the full range of moisture levels
- BalerAssist™ drivetrain system option allows you to hydraulically back out plugs from the display or Bluetooth wireless system
- With the Bale Mobile App, get real-time yield mapping, bale documentation, geo-tagging for retrieval and bale monitoring
MegaWide™ pickup with MegaTough™ pickup teeth provide added durability
- 2.2-m (7.2-ft) wide pickup is available on the L331 and L341 Baler
- Available with standard or premium components
- Tooth-to-tooth width is 1.92 m (76 in.)
- Eight staggered tooth bars help prevent overload
- Standard semi-pneumatic fixed gauge wheels provide smooth ground gauging over uneven terrain and protection to the pickup
- MegaWide pickup makes it easier to produce better-shaped bales and improves crop pickup in wide, windblown, or scattered windrows
- MegaTough pickup teeth provide greater strength and durability
- Chain driven for positive feeding
- Mechanical cutout clutch protection for added durability
Premium MegaWide™ pickup
The premium MegaWide pickup is available for the L331 and L341 Large Square Balers. The premium pickup offers larger components to increase the durability and reliability of the pickup.
Double-tie knotter system provides reliable knotting in high density and the most difficult baling conditions
L331 and L341 Large Square Balers (LSBs) come standard with double-tie knotters.
John Deere-designed knotters are designed for performance, reliability, and reduced maintenance requirements. The auto-lube system is integrated into the knotter frames, and two internal grease ports reduce the time spent on pre-baling maintenance.
Integration of the lube system block into the knotter frame reduces the number of grease lines required for each knotter.
The integrated grease block results in a reduction in the amount of grease lines required to grease the knotter system and the number of grease line connection points. Fewer feet of grease lines and fewer connection points mean less maintenance and more time baling.
Baler monitor system is International Standard Organization Bus (ISOBUS) compatible
Baler control can also be incorporated into the CommandCenter™ on R Series Tractors as long as the tractor is ordered ISOBUS ready (GS-ready wiring harness option code 8064 or GS AutoTrac™-ready wiring harness option code 8067on 6R Tractors).
Current GreenStar™ (GS) displays, including the touchscreen 2630, 1800 as well as the GS 2600, are compatible for customers who already own a John Deere ISOBUS display.
The John Deere integrated moisture sensor for large square balers provides bale moisture levels throughout the baling process. Mounted forward in the bale chamber, it provides timely information for real-time decisions. This sensor was designed by John Deere specifically for the application, and uses an integrated display for less clutter in the cab. It operates in a complete range of moistures from dry to wet crops.
Preservative application allows harvesting hay at slightly higher moisture levels without worrying about spoilage or heat. Using preservative increases the baling window by allowing operators to begin baling earlier in the day and continue baling later into the evening, this greatly decreases the dependency on weather. This application system is capable of preserving hay up to a 27 percent moisture level without compromising hay quality.
The one series LSB offers a John Deere designed preservative application system. The John Deere system is integrated with the John Deere moisture sensor. The high-accuracy moisture sensor enables more accurate application of preservative. Crop detection sensors detect crop to ensure that preservative is only being applied when crop is present.