Confidence in rates from row to row with RelativeFlow™ Blockage sensing
With the RelativeFlow blockage sensing, operators can see the flow rate of both seed and fertiliser from inside the tractor cab. Sensors on all primary towers and secondary hoses monitor the relative product flow, giving you a better view of the flow rate of both seed and fertilizer from the cart to the opener from inside your tractor cab. This exclusive technology can help you identify any problems before potential blockage occurs.
Blockage warning sensitivity allows the producer to set and change the sensitivity of the sensors to meet their preferences. Increasing the sensitivity means the system is more likely to show a false blockage, while less sensitivity means the system is more likely to miss a blockage.
1890 working widths
John Deere offers six working widths in the 1890 air drill.
Working widths, row spacings:
- 9.15 m (30 ft) on 190-mm (7.5-in.)/380-mm (15-in.) or 254-mm (10-in.) row spacing
11 m (36 ft) on 190-mm (7.5-in.)/380-mm (15-in.) or 254-mm (10-in.) row spacing
12.20 m (40 ft) on 190-mm (7.5-in.)/380-mm (15-in.) or 254-mm (10-in.) row spacing
12.95 m (42.5 ft) on 190-mm (7.5-in.)/380-mm (15-in.) or 254-mm (10-in.) row spacing
15.25 m (50 ft) on 190-mm (7.5-in.)/380-mm (15-in.) or 254-mm (10-in.) row spacing
18.30 m (60 ft) on 190-mm (7.5-in.)/380-mm (15-in.) or 254-mm (10-in.) row spacing
Weight brackets allow for additional ballast
Additional weights may be required when seeding in dry, hard soils or in extremely high rates of residue. These weights may be removed when seeding in mellow or loose soils. A rear weight bracket and a weight bracket on the front corner of each wing are in base equipment on the 9.15-m, 11-m, 12.20-m, and 12.95-m (30-ft, 36-ft, 40-ft, and 42-ft) 1890s.
The brackets allow the addition of R127764 tractor suitcase weights to provide increased down pressure. A total of 14 tractor suitcase weights can be added at the rear of the mainframe. Six tractor suitcase weights can be added on each outer wing.
Parallel Tracking system or AutoTrac™ assisted steering compatibility
John Deere air seeding equipment is compatible with Parallel Tracking or AutoTrac.
- Are compatible with SeedStar™ 2 system
- Add value by assisting in minimising costly skips or overlap
- Are cost-effective and weigh less when compared to mechanical row markers.
1890 mainframe and wings features
The 1890 features a three-section or five-section (15.25-m [50-ft] and 18.30-m [60-ft] models) drawn flexible frame with a convenient over-center fold for transport or storage.
Productivity of the 15.25-m (50-ft) and 18.30-m (60-ft) widths compared to the 12.95-m (42.5-ft) model:
- The 15.25-m (50-ft) model is 17 percent more productive per pass
- The 18.30-m (60-ft) model is 42 percent more productive per pass.
ProSeries™ Openers provide excellent penetration
ProSeries Openers are in base equipment on all 1890 and N500F Separate Fertiliser Placement (SFP), 1990 Central Commodity System (CCS™), and 1590 Air Drills.
On the 1890 models, the single-disk openers are on 190-mm (7.5-in.) or 254-mm (10-in.) row spacing. On 15.25-m (50-ft) and 18.3-m (60-ft) 1890 models, the 190-mm/380-mm (7.5-in./15-in.) or 254-mm/508-mm (10-in./20-in.) dual-row spacing feature is in base equipment. The single-disk openers provide consistent and accurate seed placement.
The ProSeries Openers:
- Work not only in no-till conditions, but also in minimum or reduced-till conditions
- Provide 51 mm (2 in.) of free travel in the opener before spring down pressure takes over
- Benefit: allows the opener to move over uneven ground conditions and minimise the chance of the gauge wheels bulldozing soil in soft or mellow conditions
- The opener spring travels a maximum of 203-mm (8-in.) up or 150-mm (6-in.) down before the hydraulics react to uneven seedbeds.
Looking for another product?