As we continue to navigate through the unprecedented challenges posed by Coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to reassure our customers that we are committed to supporting you during these uncertain times.
Firstly and most importantly, we want to confirm that John Deere has confirmed to us that they do not envisage any significant delays or issues with supply of equipment or parts at this point. Orders can be placed as normal and will be filled accordingly. We anticipate there may be some impacts to domestic air freight time frames given the reduction in domestic flights, however will continue to focus on delivering parts as promptly as possible.
How will business change to prevent the spread?
Over the past week we have taken various preventative measures within our business to ensure our branches continue to operate safely with minimal disruption and impact to our customers’ businesses. We understand that our branches provide vital support and infrastructure to our customers, so wherever we can we will take measures to limit the impact this might have.
In order for us to ensure our customers, employees and loved ones are kept as safe as possible, we will be implementing the following across all branches –
- Orders for parts should be made by either phone or email wherever possible. This will limit unnecessary contact for both our customers and our staff. There will be a designated pick up area in each branch. Our Parts Interpreters will indicate where this is when orders are placed.
- Our office support teams will move to work off site from Monday 23rd March. As our workforce is well accustomed to working remotely, this shouldn’t impact our customers in any way.
- All employees who have returned from international flights recently are required to enter self-isolation at home for 14 days.
- Our sales teams are working remotely wherever possible, minimising contact with other staff within the branches to provide greater protection for our customers.
- Our field service technicians will continue to perform services and repairs wherever needed. To minimise the risk of infection or spread, technicians are collecting parts and supplies from isolated pick up points designated at each branch.
- Effective immediately, we will log all visitors to the branches to speed up contact if there are any staff or visitors who are confirmed with COVID-19. We encourage customers to call your local branch in the first instance and we will endeavour to assist you without you needing to attend the branch.
- We have suspended attendance at all exhibitions and events until further notice. We will update you again in the future to let you know when this changes and new dates are advised. Please visit our websites for further information.
- Cleaning and disinfecting has increased across all common areas, showrooms and access points.
Right now, as the situation changes on a daily basis, our focus is on two things: continuing to support our customers, and keeping our employees and communities healthy and safe. We continue to actively monitor and follow official health advice and government updates as the days unfold.
RDO Equipment/Vermeer Equipment Holdings branches
Adelaide – 08 8213 8900
Albury – 02 6049 9200
Brisbane (Support Office) – 07 3564 4400
Launceston – 03 6335 7350
Melbourne – 03 8851 6200
Sydney – 02 9835 7200
Townsville – 07 4430 9600