MegaWide™ High Capacity and Cutting (HC2) feeding system
The MegaWide™ HC2 will only be available in a precutter configuration (available on the 450M, 460M, 460R, 560M, and 560R models):
- 1.22-m (4-ft) wide machines will have 14 knives
- 1.52-m (5-ft) wide machines will have 20 knives.
MegaWide™ Plus pickup with MegaTough™ pickup teeth offers super capacity
MegaWide Plus pickups make baling easier, especially in wide or windblown windrows, and increases productivity; more hay volume means more bales per hour.
- Flare-to-flare width of 1.8 m (5.9 ft) on balers with a 1.2 m (4-ft) wide bale chamber
- Flare-to-flare width of 2.2 m (7.2 ft) on balers with a 1.5-m (5-ft) wide bale chamber
- MegaTough pickup teeth provide greater strength and durability
- Exclusive square design handles high-impact loads without yielding
- Self-adjusting roller baffle
- Spiral rotor-feed system improves feeding in all crop conditions.
Adjustable hitch to match wide array of tractor drawbar heights
This feature allows the hitch height to be adjusted to optimise crop-feeding performance.
Benefits of the adjustable hitch:
- Ability to match baler to numerous tyre sizes
- Allows for drawbar height to fall within 330 mm to 559 mm (13 in. to 22 in.) from the top of the drawbar to the ground
- Eliminates narrow feed opening on the baler which can cause plugging
- Allows pickup head to follow terrain without missing crop.
Exclusive DiamondTough™ belts with plate-type splices
John Deere’s 178-mm (7-in.) wide diamond-tread design ensures fast bale starts and grips the bale to prevent slippage and reduce chaffing. The treads are self-cleaning to reduce carryover. The belts are staggered to reduce the loss of fine material and are closely spaced to contain the hay for fast, easy starts. The belts enclose 91 percent of the bale width to reduce loss of fine material and retain hay quality.
The DiamondTough belts are more puncture and tear resistant than other belts on the market and provide improved belt life and reliability.
Regular pickup offers large feed opening and low-profile, mid-mounted pickup
Mounted in front of the baler wheels and directly below the bale chamber, the pickup hugs the ground for clean crop retrieval. Hay movement is minimised.
- V-belt driven
- 440E, 450E, and 450M Baler pickups are 116.6 cm (45.9 in.) wide
- 550M and 560M Baler pickups are 156 cm (61.4 in.) wide
- Large reel shaft and reel bearing.
The small-diameter, low-profile pickup allows for good ground gauging and clean crop retrieval.
Standard on regular pickups, compressor rods are contoured to control hay over the pickup radius for positive feeding. The compressor rack can be adjusted upward or downward to match the volume of material in the windrow and can be easily removed to match crop conditions.