The 5.0 m (16.4 ft.) pick-up features special auger flights that go all the way to the middle. Attached to the 8000 Series Self-Propelled Forage Harvester (SPFH), the speed of the auger will be regulated automatically and is always in-line with the feedroll speed. This provides unmatched crop retrieval and feeds even the largest SPFH at maximum capacity.
Special auger flight design for smoother feeding to the self-propelled forage harvester (SPFH)
The 6X9 Series Pickup features a new auger design. The flights on the auger move the crop inwards to the center of the machine. The movement of the flights creates an endless flow for smoother feeding around the corner towards the feedrolls of the SPFH.
- More efficient and smoother crop flow around the corner means that there is less power required to push the crop forward resulting in better fuel efficiency (Cost of Operation).
- Crop is more evenly distributed over the full channel width (Performance).
Length of cut (LOC) determines pickup speed for increased feeding
The advantage of the 8000 or 9000 Series Self-Propelled Forage Harvester (SPFH) is that the speed of the pickup changes if the length of cut (LOC) is changed. This has enormous benefits for the customer.
- The variable drive coming from the SPFH guarantees the basic pickup speed is always in line with the feedroll speed according to the LOC setting of the SPFH (Performance).
Roller compression unit feeds the largest self-propelled forage harvester (SPFH) to the maximum
- The roller compression unit with the rake will automatically adapt to the swath size, which results in an optimum crop flow. This is especially important when harvesting various swath sizes (Performance).
- The alfalfa plate is recommended in large windrows for more even feeding.
Large pivoting pneumatic wheels perform well on wet ground
The gauge wheels can turn 360 degrees; therefore, they are very easy on the soil. The large tire diameter performs well on wet ground.
The wheels perfectly follow the ground contours and do not work the soil; they can turn unlimited in field corners.
Easy attachment and automatic pickup recognition
The header is easy to hook up to the self-propelled forage harvester (SPFH). The hookup point automatically slides into the centre and is clearly visible from the cab. It locks mechanically with one handle.
A multi-coupler is available for all electric and hydraulic connections. It makes for faster and easier attachment to the SPFH.
- Automatic header recognition allows the operator to quickly and efficiently attach and detach the header. More time is saved, and there is increased comfort when going from grass to corn to allow for more time in the field (Uptime).
Crop stays in the pickup
The trash net covers the auger and attaches to the arms of the compression unit. The fine mesh prevents crop buildup all over the machine, including the cutterhead cover. It does a good job of keeping the most valuable part of the plant—the leaves—in the feed.
- The net prevents debris from accumulating on the cutterhead, which results in less cleaning of the self-propelled forage harvester (SPFH) and the pickup (Uptime).
- Leaves and delicate forage remain in the pickup (Performance).
Looking for another product?