Two available sizes for a 700D factory-installed centre feed drum improves feeding of crop into the combine feederhouse
The centre feed drum is designed for efficient and consistent feeding of the crop into the combine feederhouse. Beginning with model year 2020 700D Draper Platforms, customers will have the ability to choose between a 356-mm (14-in.) or 406-mm (16-in.) centre feed drum to be factory installed.
- 356-mm (14-in.) or 406-mm (16-in.) diameter factory-installed feed drum significantly improves feeding of the crop
- Strategic location improves crop handling and capacity, increasing productivity in high-volume crops such as irrigated wheat, barley, or canola
- Combine performance is improved due to retractable fingers that enable smoother feeding
- Capacity increase in tough conditions by 20 percent due to an upgraded center feed section slip clutch.
Takes one person a few minutes to convert draper from field to transport without use of tools
The 730D, 735D, and 740D Draper models can be equipped with an integrated, slow-speed transport system.
- Need for a header trailer is eliminated due to dual-front dolly wheel tyres with an extendable tongue and two-gauge wheel tyres that can carry the complete weight of the draper when in transport
- Road transport is quicker and easier because one person can convert the draper from field to transport mode in a few minutes without the use of tools.
Dual-knife drive system is timed
The unique dual-knife drive system is timed, creating the smoothest-possible reciprocating knife-drive system currently in the industry. The positive, reliable shaft-driven dual epicyclical in-line knife drives with built-in driveline protection, provide operators with the strongest knife-drive system.
Double-cut knife system produces a cleaner cut
All John Deere 700D Drapers include a double-cut knife which features a hydraulic tilt that is controlled from inside the cab. All 10.6-m (35-ft) and 12.1-m (40-ft) draper cutterbars have knifeback reinforcement straps to strengthen the knifeback.
- Maximised productivity through longer stroke of knife section provides a faster, cleaner, and smoother cut, which allows operators to harvest at faster ground speeds
- Productivity is maximised in tough conditions through a reinforced knifeback that strengthens the cutterbar
- Reduced cost of operation and increased wear life with hardened sickle sections and unique boron treatment
- Hydraulic tilt optimises the cutterbar angle for varying conditions, extending the harvest day and providing the lowest-possible cut height.
Reel resume and reverse are features on the 700D Drapers
Reel resume and reverse are features on the 700D Drapers. The combine operator can store two different reel positions with one setting for normal conditions and another for down, tangled, short, or leaning crops.
- Added time savings and convenience with saved reel positions, lowering operator fatigue
- Increased harvest efficiency through a reel-reverse feature which reverses the reel in conjunction with the centre feed drum and belt to back outplugs.