2.20-m (7.2-ft) cam-track pickup harvests large swaths
2.20-m (7.2-ft) width facilitates swath grabbing
Directly derived from well-known 900 Series components, the V451G Baler features a 2.20-m (7.2-ft) width pickup (1.92-m [6.3-ft] tine-to-tine width) that easily grabs large straw or hay swaths. The 5-mm (0.2-in.) tine diameter, teamed with a four-tine bar pickup match-picking capacity, is traditionally expected by small and mid-size farms.
Cam-track design offers the best versatility
Even though the best results may come from baling in dry crops, the V451G Baler is fully able to harvest haylage or regular silage. The V451G Baler pickup features a versatile cam-track technology.
RotoFlow High Capacity (HC) rotor grabs the toughest swaths
The V451G benefits from the proven HC rotor concept featuring an in-line design
By using the HC rotor – a concept implemented on John Deere round balers since 2012 – the V451G feeding system offers:
- Limited distance from the pickup to the rotor tines to reduce plugging, especially in brittle straw or short silage
- Reduced number of bearings and distributed loads along the rotor to increase reliability
- Large 48-cm (18.9-in.) diameter converging augers to facilitate crop transfer
The overall result is an optimised crop flow that avoids all dead area where crops stay for a long time. This smooth and regular crop flow guarantees high feeding capacity, especially in short or non-gliding crops.
RotoFlow HC is the perfect solution for straw and hay
The V451G Round Baler is equipped with the RotoFlow HC non-cutting rotary feeder. As with the RotoFlow HC Premium, available on M- and R-Series Variable Chamber Balers, the V451G RotoFlow features:
- Close to 50-cm (19.7-in.) diameter rotor for high inertia and feeding capacity
- Hardox® wear plate material to provide long lifespan and high resistance to foreign objects
- Similar rotor and converging auger diameter.
Bale chamber delivers heavy, dense, and perfectly shaped bales
- Bales up to 1.65-m (5.4-ft) in diameter maximise weight for optimal density
- High density provided regardless of bale diameter
- Bale chamber design optimises machine versatility.
Displays provide comfortable operator experience
Optimise the display depending on real needs
The V451G Round Baler can be delivered with two different displays, both from the BaleTrak™ monitor family.
BaleTrak Easy monitor manages essential functions
- On and off
- Bale diameter setting
- Softcore activation and diameter setting
- Net system settings (number of turns, tying delay)
- Manual net wrapping process launch
- Manual net system actuating
The liquid-crystal display (LCD) offers complementary information such as:
- Current bale size
- Tying status
- Total bale count
- Resettable bale count.
Simple driveline gives durability and peace of mind
Low number of chains reduces risk of trouble
The V451G driveline has been designed to limit maintenance, which is often linked to long life. Only four chains are necessary to drive the complete baler.
Oversized components guarantee long life and safe ride
To provide the expected long life and quiet ride most demanding users are waiting for, the V451G implements oversized bearings.
Regarding rolls, the V451G features an 8-mm (0.31-in.) thick seamless tubing that avoids potential tube collapse sometimes seen on welded tube. This manufacturing process is also linked to the V451G’s high durability.
T-shaped gearbox balances load on both sides of the baler
The entry-level baler in the John Deere variable chamber baler range, the V451G features a T-shaped, three-pinion gearbox often only found on high-spec balers. This T-shaped gearbox shares the power between the feeding system (right baler side) and the bale chamber (left baler side) independently. Compared to a traditional L-shaped gearbox that transmits all load to a single machine side or to a T-shaped gearbox with only two pinions, the John Deere design reduces baler frame stress and provides longer life.
Looking for another product?