A timeless design, a tireless workhorse.
The 1200A Bunker Rake has been delighting golf course superintendents and sports field managers for a long time running. It’s easy to see why. Start with a similar job-proven drivetrain found in our popular Gator™ T-Series Utility Vehicles. The engine runs at an easy 3,100 rpm. This, along with a solid muffler and cowling design, significantly reduces machine noise.
Not only is the 1200A efficiently designed, it’s also high in ergonomics. An adjustable high-back seat, standard power-lift of the rear rake, counterbalanced front- and mid-mounted implements and an external-fill fuel tank.
The hydrostatic 3WD system has variable speed for excellent pulling and pushing power.
Raising the hinged rear fiberglass body cowling exposes the 16-hp*(11.9-kW), 479-cc air-cooled, overhead valve engine:
- High torque for pulling power
- Fuel efficient for lower operating cost and extended operating range
- 3.9 gal (14.8 L) gas tank for long hours of operation with unleaded gasoline
- Full pressure lubrication and oil filter for good reliability
- Low vibration for long component life and operator comfort
*At 3600 rpm. Engine manufacturer gross power per SAE J1940. Tested in accordance with SAE J1995. The engine hp and torque information are provided by the engine manufacturer for comparison purposes only. Actual operating hp and torque will be less. Refer to the engine manufacturer’s website for additional information.
Heavy-duty air filter protects engine in tough conditions
A heavy-duty air filter is standard equipment on the 1200A Bunker and Field Rake. Featuring a cyclone design, this dual element filter can eject 90 percent to 95 percent of dust particles before they reach the paper element core. This reduces overall maintenance costs through less cleaning and replacement.
Wide tires and wheelbase
Wide high-flotation tires provide low ground compaction.
- All tires are 22×11.00×8 NHS
The 47-in. (119-cm) wheelbase enables a tight turning radius.
Operator's platform designed for operator comfort
The operator’s platform is designed for comfort, control, and high productivity:
- 14-in. (35.56-cm) diameter steering wheel with a 10-to-1 gear ratio for easy and responsive steering
- Adjustable for and aft for improved comfort for large and small operators
- Wide running boards for comfortable leg support of large and small operators alike
Instrumentation is convenient and easy to use
Instruments and electronic controls are positioned for easy reach and visibility:
- Ignition switch and key start are mounted on the console for quick and easy starting.
- Choke control for quicker cool weather starts is conveniently located on the console at left.
- Standard rear and mid implement lift lever is located on the right side for easy access.
The forward and reverse foot pedals provide ease of identification and operation. The forward pedal is larger than the reverse pedal and provides good clearance for the operator’s foot. This is the same two-pedal design used on the John Deere 2500A Riding Greens Mower.